Spaghetti Aglio Olio is a classic Italian dish. As the name says, it’s Spaghetti tossed with Garlic (Aglio) and Olive oil (Olio). At first, when I knew just the name, I was not so sure about how it can be so special and unique, anyhow I use Olive oil for almost every pasta preparations and I use chopped garlic in most of them. Only after I tried the recipe I realized how uniquely flavorful it is. That is because of the way Garlic is slow roasted in extra virgin Olive oil. The flavor gets diffused so nicely, it sure will fill all your senses.
Using prawns was my addition to the original recipe. Other than that, I tried to stick to the original way of preparing Aglio Olio and it was so good for a family dinner, because everybody gets a flavor to love.
My toddler kids always get excited when I make spaghetti for them and Prawns were additional attraction here. For my hubby, those extra Chilli flakes was perfect with the garlic flavor.
Totally new!!! Aaah, this Friday evening can’t get any better!!!
You should try this to see what your family loves in this Italian classic.
Spaghetti Aglio Olio with Prawns:
- Spaghetti – 200 gms
- Prawns – 10 to 15, Medium size
- Garlic cloves – 4 to 5, chopped thin, crosswise.
- Red Chilli flakes – 1 tea spoon, adjust
- Parsley – chopped, to garnish
- Extra virgin Olive oil – 3 Table spoons
- Butter – 1/2 Table spoon
- White pepper – 1/4 tea spoon
- Salt to taste
- Bring about 4 cups of water to boil. Add salt and few drops of Olive oil.
- Once it starts to boil, add Spaghetti and let it cook. Once done, drain the water.
- Meanwhile, heat butter and one table spoon of oil to a pan. Add the Prawns and sprinkle Salt and pepper. I roasted them till slightly golden, which is totally optional. I mean, roast them however you like.
- In another pan add 2 Table spoons of Olive oil and add the chopped Garlic pieces.
- Switch on the flame and let the flavor of garlic gets diffused while the oil raises in temperature.
- Roast them in real low flame until they turn golden and crispy.
- Pour it to the drained Spaghetti and give a good mix.
- Add roasted Prawns, chilli flakes and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve hot.
You can also top it with some grated cheese. This exotic dish is really easy to make and perfect for guests too.
Happy cooking!!! Take Care!!!