Trust me, this is one super easy way to make yourself feel like a Chef. And, be it your family or guests, they will never stop talking about this. Sweet, Spicy and Saussy.. Mmmm.. Mouth watering ah?
Making my dinner table get a 5Star look was never this easy. This is actually a beginner’s recipe, so you can go for it even if you are not so confident about your culinary skills. It will come out really well, resulting everyone applauding you. (And, only you and me know this is damn easy, ha ha.. 😀 )
Wings, bake them and toss them, that’s all the recipe is. What you get is a pro looking dish telling your name all through the dinner. See..
Now, the detailed recipe,
To toss and bake:
- Chicken Wings – 250 gms
- Maida or All purpose flour – 1 Table spoon
- Corn flour – 1 1/2 Table spoon
- Black pepper powder – 1 tea spoon (adjust as per your spice level)
- Salt – to taste
- Olive oil – 1 Table spoon
- Sping onions – 3 to 4, finely chopped
- Ginger, finely chopped – 1 tea spoon
- Garlic, finely chopped – 1 Table spoon
- Honey – 1/4 cup
- Dark soy sauce – 2 Table spoons
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Chilli flakes – 1 tea spoon (Adjust)
- Olive oil – 1 1/2 Table spoons
- Chopped Cilantro and spring onions to garnish.
- Preheat Oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Clean the wings and dab them with the Kitchen towel or a damp cloth to take out its moisture. This is to make the flour tossing easy.
- Add the flours (Maida and Corn), Salt and Pepper and toss them together. Better not to use your hands or spatula. Just hold the mixing pan and toss several times.
- Add olive oil and toss again.
- Bake the wings for 40 to 45 mins. Flip them over in the middle. Pictures follow,
- Mix Honey, Soy sauce and water together and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add Spring onions, Ginger and Garlic and saute. Add a pinch of salt to this. But keep in mind, the soy sauce has some salt in it.
- Even before they change color, add the Sauce Honey mix.
- Mix and bring it to boil.
- Let them cook and reduce in consistency. Flame, medium high.
- When it gets little thick, add the baked wings and toss.
- Add Chilli flakes now. Keep tossing until all the wings get nicely coated with the sauce. Pictures follow,
- Off the flame. Garnish with chopped Cilantro and Spring onions. Ready to rock!!!
So, you ready???
This can go awesomely well with some Spaghetti, Pasta or Rice. Or enjoy it just with some green salad.
- You can also make this with Chicken drumsticks, thighs or boneless stripes. Prawns can also make a hit.
- Instead of baking, you can shallow fry or even deep fry the wings. Your choice!!!
Happy cooking!!! Take care!!! 🙂